It pays to have the help of an expert when arranging a repatriation of human remains to Italy, we have many years of experience repatriating to Italy and worldwide. Regulations relating to repatriation to Italy are amongst the strictest in Europe and can even dictate your choice of coffin.
Some repatriation companies insist on the UK funeral director arranging the full service through them. This includes the repatriation company supplying the coffin and arranging the documentation. We believe that given a little guidance from us, the funeral director should be free to arrange as much of the repatriation as they feel comfortable with.
Our advice is, call us as early as possible, there are procedures that need to be followed and we have the experience to guide you and also advise which flights you can and cannot use. If you follow the guidelines costly delays can be avoided.
We can collect from anywhere in the UK and can supply flight trays if required.
Customs Airports in Italy
The airports listed below are Customs airports
- Bari (Bari Karol Wojtyla Airport)
- Bologna (Bollogna Guglielmo Marconi Airport)
- Brindisi (Salento Airport)
- Cagliari (Cagliari Elmas Airport)
- Catania (Fontanarossa Airport / Vincenzo Bellini Airport)
- Genoa (Cristoforo Colombo Airport)
- Lamezia Terme
- Milan Malpensa (City of Milan Airport)
- Milan Linate
- Naples (Capodichino Airport)
- Palermo (Falcone Borsellino Airport)
- Reggio Calbria (Tito Minniti / Aeroporto Dello Stretto)
- Rome Fiumicino (Leonardo Da Vinci International Airport)
- Trieste (Friuli Venezia Giulia Airport)
- Turin (Turin – Casselle Airport)
- Venice (Marco Polo Airport)
- Verona (Verona – Villafranca Airport / Valerio Catullo Airport)
We are always on hand to give advice on repatriation of human remains to Italy or any other destination worldwide.
Consulate General of Italy
83/86 Farrington Street
Tel: 020 7936 5900
Need to repatriate to a different country?
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
Make your booking
Speak to one of our team, or use our simple online booking system to request a quotation or make a booking.
Find out more about repatriation: